Tuesday, September 2, 2014

september scripture challenge

i'm participating in my first bible study challenge. every morning id write in my prayer journal whatever is in my heart..sorta like a conversation with god. however, i find myself going on & on, sometimes thanking jesus sometimes ranting with no direction. i found kristin schmuckers september scripture challenge through a hashtag via instagram & thought what a wonderful opportunity to read the bible with direction. to be more disciplined & intentional every morning drawing nearer to christ. 

im in day 2 of the reading galations so i thought id share my thoughts.


no one can please god by simply obeying the law. so we put our faith in christ jesus & god accepted us because of our faith. galations 2:16


i have died but christ lives in me. & i now live by faith in the son of god, who loved me & gave his life for me. i don't turn my back on god's undeserved kindness. it we can be acceptable to god by obeying the law, it was useless for christ to die. galations 2:20-21


i grew up in strict practicing catholic home, praying the rosary every saturdays, bible school every sundays, & also attending a private catholic school. while everyones experience is different, later on in life i felt as if i were operating on auto pilot not really knowing christ as i should have given my up bringing. i followed both cultural and catholic mores. it became about the do's & dont's. the should's & should not's. the good & bad. the guilt when i didn't do what i suppose to. the praise when i felt like i earned gods love because i did something right. their was a point in my life where i wanted nothing to do with organized religion. 8 years ago my best friend invited me to a christian church & my life has change since then. i no longer operate on auto pilot rather i seek relational union with christ. i put my faith in jesus christ & him alone. 


i'm thankful for this path he is leading me to. for his guidance & blessings. for his unconditional & undeserved love wether i do something right or wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment