Sunday, April 29, 2012

team us

we were on our way to a baptism when we had one of our more serious conversations in the car. "you shouldn't be anxious, you should be excited," he said enthusiastically. our future is bright & each year we've been together it truly gets better & better. throughout the decade we've been together ive seen our relationship overcome its fair share of challenges. no relationship is perfect & mine certainly isnt but with each challenge therein lies the opportunity to refine our problem solving skills as a couple. we've been one another's rock, cheerleader, & constant source of encouragement.

we are also each others support system as we go through our own personal struggles. he's assuaged my self doubts & is my reminder to keep trying & to never give up. he has been my shoulder to cry on during times of disappointment & is my gentle reminder to not be so hard on myself. it's been a tad bit difficult to hold my head up high as i continue to walk on this road i set upon years ago, in order to accomplish my dream career, but his positive thoughts in spite of feeling discouraged are my little rays of hope to keep going.

it's a great feeling having my boyfriend as one of my best friends. i was never that girl to believe prince charming was a prerequisite to happiness but having him in my life all these years (firstly as a friend & now as a boyfriend) has added a sense of richness i never expected to have. im thankful. we have each others back. our future is bright & im hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment