Thursday, April 12, 2012

twenties

i am...
in my twenties.
what i am not is stuck, even though i think i am.
my twenties has allowed me to carve out the life ive wanted to live.
it was daunting at first when i took that first step at age 18.
it was scary & liberating & rewarding all at the same time.
its still scary but freeing.
i am my own boss.

i remember...
the nights where i crawled up into a ball in bed crying from my first real heart break.
ramen days in exchange for shopping trips.
clubbing nights with girls, car barring, pre-drinking, & getting home at 5(am) only to be awake 3 hours later for work.
the nursing pre-requisite classes & the horrid commutes.
the nursing program & the sleepless nights & the horrid commutes.
more drinking, partying, quality time with loved ones.
release.

sowing real connections & letting go of what wasnt detrimental to my growth.
constantly learning how to deal with situations & people outside of my comfort zone.
what im not willing to tolerate & what deserves my patience.
what makes me feel good.
what hurts me.
it all equals to the constant addition of wisdom acquired through life lessons.

even though at times i want to be somewhere other than my twenties, i know one day i will miss all of this. ill be nostalgic for the days where sometimes none of it made sense. ill think back on those car drives & late sleepless nights wondering, worrying, & feeling the thrills of being in my twenties all at once.





2 comments:

  1. very beautifully written :) it's like when you're young, you wish you were in your twenties, now that you are... you wish you were elsewhere. haha! When we're in our thirties, we'll definitely miss our twenties. probably some of the best days of my life in my twenties :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! I know, sometimes I would hate my twenties and wish i could be in my teens again. ha! I definitely had those ramen days as well....*sigh* Now things are looking better and I can't wait to see what the future brings. :)

    BTW- thanks for the comment. I'll check out Operation Proposal...I'm in need of a new kdrama show. *addicting*

    ReplyDelete