Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Crochet

i picked up crocheting as past time last year. it's not only fun but immensely therapeutic & creative. learning amigurimi has always been on my list of goals, so when it came down to choosing between knitting & crocheting..the obvious choice was crochet.

im self taught after watching youtube videos & even joined a crochet group that would meet once a month. my schedule started to fill up & my attendance to my crochet meet ups became inconsistent. slowly i stopped crocheting when wedding planning took priority. soon enough i forgot the basic patterns. 

ive picked up crocheting once again & enjoying the process of relearning the basics. i became ecstatic when my mom told me she picked it up as her retirement hobby! i love exchanging emails all about crocheting with her. 

cup sweaters & heart headbands were my projects when i first started last year. i made a ton of these as i practiced my basic stiches. they make great starter projects since they don't take long to finish...total immediate gratification for an impatient learner like me who wanted to have something tangible to take away from just having learned the art of crochet. 




No comments:

Post a Comment