Saturday, February 8, 2014

score!



as with most teenage girls shopping & clothes use to excite me. i would say the same claim can be said during my college years & life in my early to mid twenties. it was after graduation & having way more time on my hands that i started to learn how to cook. it was around my late twenties that the thrill of shopping for clothes deflated. perhaps, it's realizing i have way more than i need with the combination of being a completely broke & struggling young adult post grad searching for any job to bring some sort of income that i actually started loathing shopping. i go through a series of questions (need vs. want, how functional is it, etc) before i buy anything these days. a huge majority of the time i put what i "think" i need back & walk out empty handed. ive learned to make do with what i have & loving the simplicity in not overindulging where i don't need to.

however, if their is one thing that excites me it is the acquisition of new cookware/bakeware! tell take signs of growing up..im sure. i had been hoping to stumble on a le cruset piece for years but alas no lucks during thrift store visit while hunting for vintage pyrex. this week after much patience I lucked out on a le cruset griddle pan! it's in excellent condition & instead of paying $150, I only paid $30! what a sweet deal! 

i was also gifted a new vintage pyrex to add to my collection from my sissy! it's been awhile since ive hunted since my collection is huge but it sure did feel nice to add something to my collection that i don't already own.

i couldn't wait to give my two new babies a bath & admire them after. grilled cheese sanwiches & tomato soup for the hubby next week! perfect for this rainy, cold, & gloomy weather we've been having in drought stricken california!

No comments:

Post a Comment