Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pasta & Flan

for two months my church has gathered to cook & provide meals for my pastor & his growing family. i can only imagine how crazy it must be for a mom when a new baby arrives, so i love kind & thoughtful gestures like these that help in ways that can make a huge difference in someones day.

it was my turn to cook so i opted for a simple pasta salad. fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, spinach, & chicken apple sausage tossed in pasta with roasted garlic. for dessert i made the leche flan (creme caramel). it was my first time & i was sure it would become this discombabulaated mess after i attempted to flip & take it out of its mold..but to my surprise it came out perfect & in tact! i made two & gave the other to hubby & his co workers.

since i gave up sugar for this month i didn't get to taste it, so i relied on the verdict of the hubby & his co workers. turns out they loved it! a recipe success. i'll be adding this one to my recipe book. 




1 comment: